The annual Nature Calgary banquet features food, fellowship and a notable guest speaker. The 2018 banquet will be held on November 10, 2018 at the Irish Cultural Centre.
Every year, guest speakers are invited to share their experiences, research and passion for nature. Previous speakers have included:
- Chic Scott (2017) – Celebrating the towns of the Bow Valley
- Joh Acorn (2016) – The best Alberta birding spots
- Kevin van Tighem (2015) – On the need to protect Alberta’s headwaters
- Bob Saunders (2014) – Kayaking from Great Slave Lake to Chesterfield Inlet on Hudson’s Bay
- Jon Turk (2013) – Circumnavigation of Ellesmere Island
- Karsten Heuer (2012) – On travels and a passion for nature
- Andrew Brash (2011) – Climbing Mount Everest
- Dr. Stephen Herrero
- Ben Gadd
Support the annual banquet
Thank you to the many donors and volunteers that have contributed to many successful banquets. To donate a door prize, please contact the banquet committee coordinator (Penny Smith, 403-283-9260). To volunteer, please contact Penny Smith (403-283-9260) or Melanie Seneviratne (403-815-1275).
Enjoy music and food with the Nature Calgary community at the 2018 Nature Calgary banquet! Joining us for dinner are The Wardens - a group of three folksingers from Canmore who sing about nature. One of the singers is still an active park warden and the other two members are retired. Where: Irish Cultural Society (6452 35 Ave NW) When: November 10, 2018 Time: Cocktails at 6 pm and dinner at 7 pm Cost: $55 for members, $65 for non-members Purchase…Find out more »