Birding On St. Patrick’s Island
October 9 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Join Nature Calgary for a bird walk on St. Patrick’s Island to observe the fascinating variety of birds found in their natural habitat. You may have the opportunity to see Bald Eagles, Gulls, and Woodpeckers, among other species. St. Patrick’s Island offers a picturesque setting for this event.
Our knowledgeable guide will share fascinating insights about the birds you encounter and their behaviours, making this a great educational opportunity for nature enthusiasts of all ages.
We will have binoculars available for participants who don’t have them. Space is limited so don’t miss your chance to discover the beauty and diversity of Calgary’s birdlife on this exciting bird walk!
These walks are presented in partnership between East Village and Nature Calgary, with all registration fees being donated directly to Nature Calgary.
All walks will start and end at East Village Headquarters, located directly north of 656 Confluence Way SE on the RiverWalk pathway.
The upcoming birding event is accessible to all, regardless of age or ability.
- The pathways are flat. Some pathways are unpaved but they are well compacted.
- Nature Calgary has taken measures to accommodate those with sight or hearing impairments
- Guides are knowledgeable about bird calls to assist those with sight impairments
- Sight cues will be available for those with hearing impairments
- Dogs are not allowed at the event unless medically necessary. This helps ensure the safety and comfort of the wildlife
- The event is LGBTQ+ friendly, welcoming people of all orientations and identities.