Join Nature Calgary for four online sessions and four in-person sessions to learn the basics of birding.
The evening online sessions run on TUESDAY NIGHTS (7:30 – 8:30PM) from September 6th to September 27th and will cover:
- Equipment & Where to find birds (Tuesday Sept 6)
- What to Notice when birding (Tuesday Sept 13)
- Birding Behaviour Basics (Tuesday Sept 20)
- Bird Habitats (Tuesday Sept 27)
The in-person field trip portion will be on Saturday mornings from 9:00am – 11:00am at four different parks around Calgary. We will provide all participants with binoculars.
- Carburn Park (Saturday September 10)
- Weaselhead Park (Saturday September 17)
- Inglewood Bird Sanctuary (Saturday September 24)
- Confederation Park (Saturday October 1)
This course is free for Nature Calgary members & Friends of Nature Alberta (check with your local Calgary Nature Club) and $50 for non-members.
If you are a non-member, registration in this course will provide you with a one-year family membership. This will give you access to all our field trips (we run over 125 a year), our speaker series and bird study group sessions, as well as a monthly newsletter. Please note: if you are registering 2 or more family members in the course choose 1 non-member rate and the remainder as Nature Calgary members.
If you have questions about the course please email: firstname.lastname@example.org