As of December 11, Nature Calgary field trips are pause until January 15, 2021.
In consideration of the new Alberta Health Services guidelines dealing with the very concerning rise in Covid-19 cases that threaten the ability of our health care system to adequately care for those afflicted, the Nature Calgary board has decided to place a temporary pause on field trips. The board will reassess the situation at our January 14th board meeting.
As of November 13, these are the Nature Calgary protocols for field trips.
In and Outside City Single Destination Trips
A single destination trip is one where participants meet at a designated location and proceed on foot.
- Maximum of 10 Participants plus leader.
- Participants must be members of Nature Calgary.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Participants must sign a waiver form either on site or bring one already signed. Bring your own pen to sign the waiver form.
- Masks or face shields must be worn when outside the vehicle.
- Carpooling should only be done with occupants of the same household or bubble.
- Refrain from sharing scopes, binoculars, field guides etc outside of your bubble.
Outside City Multiple Destination Trips
A multiple destination trip is one where participants drive between locations. For example birding multiple locations during the trip.
- Maximum of 5 vehicles plus the leader’s vehicle.
- Plus all protocols listed in A above.