Join Nature Calgary for 4 online sessions and 4 in-person sessions to learn the basics of birding.
The evening online sessions run on WEDNESDAY NIGHTS (7:30 – 8:30PM) from January 5th – January 26th and will cover:
- Equipment & Where to find birds (Wednesday Jan 5)
- What to Notice when birding (Wednesday Jan 12)
- Birding Behaviour Basics (Wednesday Jan 19)
- Bird Habitats (Wednesday Jan 26)
The in-person field trip portion will be on Friday mornings from 9:00am – 11:00am at four different parks around Calgary. We will provide all participants with binoculars.
- Carburn Park (Friday Jan 7)
- Bebo Grove (Friday Jan 14)
- Inglewood Bird Sanctuary (Friday Jan 21)
- Weaselhead Park (Friday Jan 28)
This course is free for Nature Calgary members and $50 for non-members.
If you are a non-member, registration in this course will provide you with a one-year family membership. This will give you access to all our field trips (we run over 125 a year), our speaker series and bird study group sessions, as well as a monthly newsletter. Please note: if you are registering 2 or more family members in the course choose 1 non-member rate and the remainder as Nature Calgary members.
If you have questions about the course please email: firstname.lastname@example.org